Friday 28 March 2008

Newsweek helps out New York Times Travel Section.

Whoops.

Not sure we'll be reading about B.A, Argentina in the International Herald Tribune anytime soon.

According to an Argentinian blogger, 'in an apparently well-researched article', a NYT travel editor riffed off (oris it ripped off?) another media as Mike Oreskes would say. Similarities between a piece about Buenos Aires in Newsweek and the NYT are startling.

Look, I do it all the time, so I appreciate the problem of just nicking people's material and using it but I am, I hope, up front about it.

To avoid doing it, I wont cut and paste and instead direct you to check out the link below which has riffed off the blogger.


http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/newspapers/did_the_new_york_times_travel_editor_steal_a_story_from_newsweek_80946.asp

No comments: