Ahead of the the New York Fashion Week, The New York Daily News has published a list of New York's Fashion's 50 Most Powerful list.
What's striking is that there is no one from the New York Times, and no Suzy Menkes.
Suzy isn't based in New York, admittedly, but if the IHT is expected to make international stars of NYT columnists, it being the global edition of the NYT, the NYT isn't expected to make American stars of the IHT's columnists. One way traffic, clearly.
What's more, and this doesn't say much for the role of MSM print media, of the list's nine fashion media folk, the majority of them work in some type of digital fashion media.
Anyway, here they are:
1) Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour.
6) IMG Fashion senior vice president Fern Mallis
9) Ruth Finley, who aged nearly 90 made her move from print to online and began posting her Fashion Calendar (publishing continuously since 1941!) online starting in June 2007.
12) People's Revolution founder Kelly Cutrone.
15) Candy Pratts Price, executive director of Style.com and winner of the Council of Fashion Designers of America's Eugenia Sheppard Award for excellence in journalism this year.
19) Fashion and celebrity photographer Patrick McMullan's Web administrator Candice McCarthy,
28) Brandusa Niro, editor-in-chief of The Daily
29) The Sartorialist, photographer and blogger Scott Schuman
39) Racked.com senior editor Leslie Price
You'd have to say the NYT is missing a bit of a trick here.
International Herald Tribune
New York Times