Saturday 25 October 2008

NYT Company Stock Price and My Portfolio: Fight or flight?

I visit http://www.nytimes.com/ and find that My Portfolio is missing. Am I being dumb. I go to My Times (which, by the way, is just awful in terms of setting up a NYT for a non-U.S. reader) and can't find it there either.

I go to http://www.nytco.com/


So what was the closing price of the NYT Company last night?






45 cents below $10.

$10 for me has always been the tipping point price.

With all the bad news from last week I blogged on, and more I am yet to do (notably the Moody's credit rating moves), and with a shocking Friday on WS (which surely anyone with a brain knew was coming), I can't say this is a surprise.

The question for NYT Company investors is quite simply this.


Fight or flight?

This company is in deep trouble.

They have to come up with a game-changing plan so good investors will go for it. Have they got one? I see no evidence.

They have to reduce debt and off-load some assets.

The Boston Globe? The regionals? The IHT? Who would buy them in this market and at what price? Who knows....



READ AN ALTERNATIVE IHT DAILY NARRATIVE AT
A PLACE IN THE AUVERGNE


International Herald Tribune
IHT
New York Times
The NYT Company


Vacation /Business Trip Furnished Rental Apartment in Paris


No comments: