Monday 27 October 2008

Black Monday and the story you should already have read.

I'll go out on a limb here and post this. You'll have to take my word for it that I haven't seen or heard any news of the Asian markets overnight, nor the European openings. I am going to post this, and then I am going to go and have a look.

Below you will find what I wrote on my blog A Place in the Auvergne just now making my daily alternative narrative for Sunday 26th October 2008.

Normally I don't write myself, I just let the news tell the story, and it's all about story, something the newspaper industry has lost sight of.

I have never written, in the course of doing the Auvergne blog since January 1st, 2008, anything about the day to come, in this case Monday, 27th October.

I hope I'm wrong and only the Warren Buffet like patriotism of American investors can prevent it when the NYSE opens later today.
What has this got to do with the International Herald Tribune?
If you read the IHT carefully, none of what is going to happen today should come as a surprise.
If you are surprised, then the way the story has been told to you since January 1st, 2008 has been wrong.
The traditional news hierarchies of newspapers, which A Place in the Auvergne ignores, clearly aren't working.










READ AN ALTERNATIVE IHT DAILY NARRATIVE AT
A PLACE IN THE AUVERGNE





LOOKING FOR A CHRISTMAS BOOK GIFT TO BUY?
"Books about cosmopolitan urbanites discovering the joys of country life are two a penny, but this one is worth a second glance. Walthew's vivid description of the moral stress induced by his job as a high-flying executive with the International Herald Tribune newspaper is worth the cover price alone…. Highly recommended."
The Oxford Times



Amazon.co.uk


Amazon.com
For more reviews visit www.ianwalthew.com





No comments: