Thursday 18 September 2008

William E. Schmidt and Re-design process

THIS IS A CORRECTED VERSION OF A DRAFT POST - IT'S LATE, IT'S RAINING , I'M TIRED, I HAVE A BUG IN BLOGGER WHICH ISN'T CHANGING THE CHANGES I MAKE OT DRAFTS AS I EDIT THEM. I'M SORRY, IT'S ONLY A BLOG FOR GOD'S SAKE.

For those of you who love http://www.iht.com/ the news (which I posted today of its demise/change/fold-in/whatever, planned for March 2009), probably wasn't crash hot.

For those of you who love the current design of the IHT (I'm not one of them) then you probably won't want to hear this: The IHT is going through (A.N.Other) redesign process, and meetings took place at the beginning of this week about this.

I heard about this earlier in the week, but I don't post until I get at least 3 independent sources telling me the same thing, and in the interests of the IHT, not until it is more or less common knowledge in Paris HQ (which means the wider global media community sooner or later, if not already), if not in the many IHT regional offices (who I know read this blog). It seems the world and his wife attended these re-design meetings (with the exception, naturally of the http://www.iht.com/ people whose services are no longer required), so it will be common knowledge, internally and externally very soon, if not already.

William E. Schmidt, who was announced as Editor Global editions back in July (I had forgotten that) has also been spotted at the IHT in Paris from the end of last week. (He was also over in August.)

Whether he is in Paris for the re-design meets or whether he is already taking up his post in Paris as Editor, Global Editions post-/Gottlieb-Oreskers, is not clear.

(Note plural of Editions:how many global editions does the NYT have? I suppose they include the Asian edition of the IHT; no, sorry, the Asian edition of the global edition of the NYT - it's late, I'm confused, I had even forgotten the announcement about Schmidt made in July http://www.ihtinfo.com/pdfs/pr_Schmidt_080723.pdf)


A PLACE IN THE AUVERGNE
International Herald Tribune
IHT
New York Times
NYT
Vacation /Business Trip Furnished Apartment in Paris

No comments: