Thursday, 23 October 2008

Police investigate white powder at New York Times (IHT)

The Associated Press
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
NEW YORK: An employee of The New York Times opened a letter Wednesday containing a white powder that officials later said was harmless.
The discovery comes after more than 30 letters containing a suspicious powder were mailed to Chase bank branches and federal banking regulators' offices in nine cities. Officials said those letters, postmarked Amarillo, Texas, also appeared to be harmless.
A law enforcement official said the letter sent to the Times didn't appear to be related to those sent to the financial institutions.
The Times letter did not carry a Texas postmark and contained a different substance, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak publicly.
The newspaper told employees the powder was found Wednesday morning when an employee opened a letter on the 13th floor of company headquarters in midtown Manhattan. Police were called and said they didn't believe it was harmful.
The law enforcement official also said the Times letter tested negative for dangerous toxins.
The newspaper closed one lobby to the building, but it was reopened by about 6 p.m.
Anthrax-tainted letters were sent to media outlets and offices in 2001. Five people died, and since then, officials have been cautious when suspicious powders are detected.

Wednesday, Oct 22
Anthrax to NYT Office?
So basically we are assuming that over the next two weeks things will just proceed to get crazier as the reality of a
Barack Obama presidency, helped along no doubt by the Liberal media elite(!), begins to sink in to a certain portion of the population. To wit: Radaronline is reporting that the NYT office received an envelope today containing a "white granular substance." Per the in-house email:

At about 11:30 a.m. today an employee on the 13th floor of our headquarters building in New York opened an envelope addressed to The New York Times. A white granular substance was in the envelope. The New York City police were called and are now on site investigating. The 41st Street side of the lobby is closed but people are able to get in and out of the building. We will keep you updated on any developments.


No comments: