Friday 3 October 2008

The IHT's online version is slower than its print edition in bringing news to my attention: surely not?

Surely, in frequent cases, yes.

Sorry to bang on about this, but I look at iht.com first thing every morning. I did not see this yesterday morning.

Life in Zimbabwe: Wait for useless money
By Celia W. Dugger
Published: October 2, 2008

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/02/africa/02zimbabwe.php

However, I saw it in my print version yesterday when it arrived in the post at 13.00hrs.

I did see it in the daily article index for today (Friday) but did not yesterday.

Nor do I see it in the daily article index for yesterday, today
http://www.iht.com/indexes/articleindexes/thursday.php

In other words, if I relied on iht.com exclusively, I would 24 hours minimum behind seeing information that the IHT has already published in print!! Is that the point of online newspapers?

If the IHT can't be timely with its own information online then its hard to believe in their capacities to be timely with other people's (like the wires).

A small but important irritation; a reflection of bigger problems?



A PLACE IN THE AUVERGNE

International Herald Tribune
IHT
New York Times
NYT

Vacation /Business Trip Furnished Apartment in Paris

No comments: