Tuesday 22 January 2008

If all else fails, try this.

Here's top of the line business idea for new International Herald Tribune publisher, fresh from India.

I'll leave someone more qualified than me to explain the concept:

I thought it was a joke when I first heard about it. A newspaper publisher offering to take an equity stake in companies that wanted to advertise in the paper. But that's exactly what the Times of India (with a circulation of 2.4 million, the world's largest-selling English broadsheet daily) is doing with something it calls Private Treaties. And it's not some secret backroom deal, either. It's all spelled out clearly on TimesPrivateTreaties.com (complete with a section labeled "Investment Philosopy" - that's not a typo on my part, as you can see above).
http://www.sajaforum.org/2008/01/media-watch-tim.html

No comments: